Travel Cyprus Guide
Limassol also spelt Lemesos, capital of Limassol district,is the 2nd largest city and biggest municipality in Cyprus.
Once called Neapolis meaning new town when it was built between Amathus and Hourion which are ancient cities.
Located at Akrotiri bay on the south coast. The sovereign base of Akrotiri is located at the west side of Limassol.
Limassol is also the largest port in the Mediterranean.
A new marina is being built located near the older part of town.
Cruises from Limassol
There are several cruises available from Limassol including...
Mini cruises to Eygpt
The tourist resort area is called the Stripe as it stretches all the way to Amathus.
Air travel to Limassol
The closest airports are...
Both airports are around 70km from Limassol.
Airport transfers are available from Paphos and Larnaca
Things to see and do, which are recommended by previous travelers to Limassol
- Kourion – also spelt Curium Ancient Historical Ruins
- Lambouri Winery! The best in Cyprus
- Cyprus Wine Museum – near to Episkopi on the B6 road
- Sayious Adventure Park – Off Road tours with Buggies, Paintballing, go-karts, archery all in one place.
- Cyprus on Ice Rink at Limassol Mall
- Fasouri Water Mania Water Park
- Serentiy Spa – St Raphael Resort – get link to spa
- Limassol Castle – where apparently Richard the Lionheart got married! The are many bars and restaurant around the castle.
- Amathus Ruins
- Several museums
- Archaeological sites
Festivals in Limassol Cyprus
Many Cyprus festivals are held in Limassol.
There are several festivals throughout the year in Limassol Cyprus include…
- Summer Beer festival many beers from around the globe and live entertainment
- Limassol Carnival a 10 day event
- Wine Festival at the municipal garden, held early September free wine tasting available
- Flower Festival in May
- Festival of the Flood in June
Transport in Limassol
Getting around the resort
Depending on where you may stay in Limassol, there are buses, taxis and car hire, bicyle and buggy hire available.
If your staying near to the centre, many bars, restaurants, markets and the beach are within walking distance.
Accommodation in Limassol Cyprus
No matter what your accommodation budget, you will find self catering apartment, budget accommodation through to luxury hotel spas like St Raphael Resort Limassol.
To view all 44 Limassol hotels with star rating and reviews click here View 2-5 Star Limassol hotel reviews, details and prices
Also try Very Low Priced Accommodation Or...
You can also do a quick search for hotels below. Just enter Limassol or any other resort in Cyprus and preferred dates to get availability, details and prices.
Limassol Car hire
There are many Cyprus car rental companies to choose from. The competition is high. Here are some well known established car hire operators we have used in the past. The majority of them offer good discounts for online bookings.
Auto Europe Car Hire
Car Rental Bookers
Economy Car Rental
Other popular pages you might like...
Latest Cheap Holidays in Cyprus
Cheap Flights to Cyprus
Top of Limassol Cyprus Resort
Return to Cyprus Home Page