Respected Cyprus Offshore Company Formation
Why Cyprus is respected as a financial services vehicle and is reported by many institutes as having a great professional reputation in the business world.
Nowadays, more and more business entities are looking into offshore company formation and its Internet equivalent of offshore merchant accounts. This is not a surprise considering the numerous benefits of forming a company.
Either outside of the base of operations or in an offshore financial center like Cyprus in the European Union.
However, certain things must be defined and discussed before looking into the formation of an offshore company.
So how does the Formation work?
Most offshore companies are allowed to conduct usual business transactions not specifically prohibited by the laws of the place of incorporation.
As such, an offshore company can open bank accounts, own assets, and trade in the global market.
However, there are restrictions that must be followed from the start of the offshore company formation
Offshore Company Restrictions
One of the most common restrictions is that the offshore company cannot conduct business within the country of incorporation, which is also true in Cyprus.
Exceptions to the rule include transit trade, sales activities not resulting in sales to Cypriot companies.
And storage of goods for sale or use outside of Cyprus.
All of which must have explicit Central Bank permission.
Although the company formation can be accomplished by the incorporating entity itself.
It is highly recommended that firms specializing in this activity be allowed to handle the process.
This way, all legal processes and papers are well taken cared of.
Other services offered by these kinds of firms include setting up of brokerage, mutual funds, and futures trading accounts as well as the achievement of goals for asset protection and financial management.
Basically, the steps involved include:
• Filing of Memorandum of Association or Articles of Incorporation with the appropriate Registrar.
• Issuance of Certificate of Incorporation by the Registrar.
• Appointment of the first director/s of the company by the incorporator/s
• Conduct of first board of directors meeting to pass corporate resolutions and by-laws as well as the company banker.
After the last step, the company can now operate as a legal entity within Cyprus. Indeed, offshore company formation can be easy when the right persons attend to the process and the papers.
Of course, offshore companies enjoy benefits by virtue of their incorporation in a tax haven such as Cyprus. These advantages include:
• Taxes are very favorable to the company, hence, improving on the bottom line.
In Cyprus, all offshore companies are exempt from taxes on profits derived from sources outside the country while importations on certain goods are duty-free.
• Capitalization is minimal with the Central Bank allowing authorized share capital of CY£10,000.
• Reporting requirements are significantly lesser for offshore companies.
• Freedom from exchange control restrictions, thus, an offshore company can maintain bank accounts anywhere it chooses and dispose of it anytime it wants to.
• Upon successful offshore company formation, the
beneficial owners must be reported to the Central Bank.
However, anonymity is iron-clad since the law strictly forbids disclosure by said governing authority. Indeed, offshore companies are the way to go in a globalized world of commerce.
Learn about Offshore Investments
Investment Property in Cyprus